Home Entertainment Kid Rock Replaced as Christmas Parade Grand Marshal After Profane Remark About...

Kid Rock Replaced as Christmas Parade Grand Marshal After Profane Remark About Joy Behar

99
0



Kid Rock Replaced as Christmas Parade Grand Marshal After Profane Remark About Joy Behar

Kid Rock has been ousted as grand marshal of Nashville’s annual Christmas Parade.

The 47-year-old musician was replaced following his remarks about Joy Behar during his appearance on Fox & Friends, where he called her a “bitch.”

Although he was removed from the parade’s lineup, Kid Rock‘s business partner Bryan Lewis says that he plans to show up anyway.

“[Kid Rock] will show up and is going to try to participate as grand marshal tomorrow. My best analogy is it’ll be a standoff at high noon… I guess it’ll be a standoff at 8 a.m,” Bryan told Variety.

Bryan added that he is also Steve Smith‘s attorney, who donates $250,000 a year to the parade and should have the final say about who is the grand marshal.

Mr. Smith owns 95 percent of the stock. The other 5 percent of the people who hold stock held a closed-meeting excluding Mr. Smith and made a unilateral decision to exclude Kid Rock from the parade. It is our belief that, as the major contributor, Mr. Smith has the right to name the grand marshal of the parade,” Bryan said.

Parade organizers later issued a statement, saying, “Parade organizers feel that the grand marshal should personify the spirit of the Nashville community and have invited James Shaw, Jr., who became a community hero after stopping a shooting at a local Waffle House earlier this year, to be honored.”

The Nashville Christmas Parade is set to take place tomorrow, December 1st.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here