With hundreds of millions of people home for the holidays, now is a better time than ever to spread good tidings and cheer, and — well, some much-needed security advice for all the family.
Security sounds complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. Privacy is more important than ever. With an ever-changing and evolving landscape of threats and hacks, breaches and vulnerabilities, there’s no better time of the year to help your family navigate some of the most basic but effective security tips. (Let’s face it, you were bound to end up being called on for tech support at some point anyway.)
We’ve put together five how-to guides covering cybersecurity basics that anyone can learn — and everyone should learn, including:
- Why you need to use a password manager
- Two-factor authentication can save you from hackers
- How to protect your cell phone number and why you should care
- How to browse the web securely and privately
- How to get started with encrypted messaging apps